To ensure models and venue confirmation, registration for this event will close on the 18th of April. Please register before the 18th of April.
Learn basic to the advanced studio and natural lighting techniques in a full day of shooting fun and update your folio with 6 agency/agency standard models.
Lots of explanation on studio lighting, natural lighting, and a blend of both.
The workshop will run for 8 hours from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm… with a 1-hour lunch break.
Afternoon lunch and through all the day refreshments will be provided.
What you will learn in Studio Lighting Sessions:
- Using your camera in manual mode
- Introduction to studio lighting
- Understanding composition rules
- Understanding light
- Setting up studio lighting
- Light setups for Fashion and Portrait photography
- Understanding light modifiers (Softbox / Octabox / Stripbox and Beauty Dish)
- Creating multiple effects using one light (3 Light Setups)
- Creating multiple effects using 3 different lights
- Learn how to mix different modifiers such as beauty dish and softbox.
- Explanation on Rembrandt, loop, broad, butterfly, V-Flats and clamshell lighting.
- Understanding styles of photography
- Working with fashion models techniques
- Portraiture ethical values and models posing techniques
- How to build your portfolio discussion
- Editorial and Magazine submission shooting techniques
What will you learn in Natural Lighting Session:
- Introduction to natural lighting
- Understanding composition rules
- Understanding light
- Understanding colour theory in natural light
- Shooting angles and distance
- How to find the best light around you to create dramatic portraits.
- Understanding highlights and shadows
- Different lighting setups using natural light.
- How to shoot straight into the sun
- Understanding far and close exposure
- Use of the 5in1 reflector
- Use of hard light with or within an ND Filter.
About my Workshops:
- I have been running photography workshops for 3 years now with highly positive feedback from my workshop attendees. You can read the reviews on the meetup group. These are all public reviews and not controlled.
- I do not overcrowd my workshops with a lot of people. I prefer workshop attendees not more than 10 so everyone gets a chance to work and interact with models, learn techniques and get some good shots.
- My workshops are not just simple group shoots. I share exact same techniques I use in my own shoots, and I push workshop attendees to communicate with models, pose them, use their own creative imagination and create art that is unique in their own style.
- In these workshop sessions, you will learn how to use your own limited gear & lighting resources, basic wardrobes, and simple lighting setups which don’t cost an arm and leg, so you can reproduce similar results on your own.
Portfolio Builder Photo Events are great for all levels of photographers to pick up some new portrait shooting techniques and at the same time build their portfolio.
- Total 7 Hours including 1-hour lunch break
- Total 6 Hours of shooting time
- Total 5 professional Agency/Agency standard models
- Fixed Studio Lighting setups to allow you more shooting time
Photography Styles Covered:
We will have a variety of portrait photography styles covered in this workshop.
- Fashion Portraits using Studio and Natural Lighting
- Fitness Photography using Studio and Natural Lighting
- Ballet Dance Photography
- Male Model Photography
- Start time: 9:30 am
- Initial Briefing: 30 minutes / Coffee / Snacks
- Split into two groups. One shooting Natural Lighting / One shooting Studio
- 5 Photographers per Group shooting with 1 Model at a time
- Models swap every 30 Minutes. (Each model will be available for 2 hours)
We will be shooting in two groups 5 photographers and 1 model ratio. Every 30 minutes we will swap models and styles between Studio and Natural Light. This will allow photographers to work with each model in Studio and Natural lighting.
First Photographers Group / Models 1 and 2:
- Group 1 / Model 1 / Natural Lighting: 10:00 am to 10:30 am
- Group 1 / Model 2 / Studio Lighting: 10:30 am to 11:00 am
- Group 1 / Model 1 / Studio Lighting: 11:00 am to 11:30 am
- Group 1 / Model 2 / Natural Lighting: 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
2nd Photographers Group / Models 1 and 2:
- Group 2 / Model 2 / Studio Lighting: 10:00 am to 10:30 am
- Group 2 / Model 1 / Natural Lighting: 10:30 am to 11:00 am
- Group 2 / Model 2 / Natural Lighting: 11:00 am to 11:30 am
- Group 2 / Model 1 / Studio Lighting: 11:30 am to 12:00 am
1 hour lunch breach from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
First Photographers Group / Models 3 and 4:
- Group 1 / Model 3 / Natural Lighting: 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
- Group 1 / Model 4 / Studio Lighting: 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Group 1 / Model 3 / Studio Lighting: 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Group 1 / Model 4 / Natural Lighting: 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
2nd Photographers Group / Models 3 and 4:
- Group 2 / Model 4 / Studio Lighting: 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
- Group 2 / Model 3 / Natural Lighting: 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Group 2 / Model 4 / Natural Lighting: 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Group 2 / Model 3 / Studio Lighting: 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Coffee / Discussion Break from 3:00pm to 3:30pm
First Photographers Group / Models 5 and 6:
- Group 1 / Model 5 / Natural Lighting: 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Group 1 / Model 6 / Studio Lighting: 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Group 1 / Model 5 / Studio Lighting: 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Group 1 / Model 6 / Natural Lighting: 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
2nd Photographers Group / Models 5 and 6:
- Group 2 / Model 6 / Studio Lighting: 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Group 2 / Model 5 / Natural Lighting: 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Group 2 / Model 6 / Natural Lighting: 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Group 2 / Model 5 / Studio Lighting: 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
This session is limited to 10 photographers. For the flow on the day, this will ensure a maximum of 5 photographers per model for greater flexibility in getting portfolio-building images. This is a perfect opportunity for photographers interested in enjoying a full day of great photography event and shooting 6 models on the day.
This session will be hosted by Zeeshan (Sony Digital Imaging Advocate) who will be offering guidance and tips for portrait photography.